Wednesday 29 October 2014

How to make: Halloween no bake mini cheesecake potions!

These super cute cheesecakes are so easy to make and quick, you can easily make them on Halloween day ready for the party! Get the kids involved too! Make it a fun Halloween night in!

So, here's what you'll need;


- your favourite biscuits (I choose shortbread, these work really well!)
- a little bit of butter 
- extra thick cream 
- a flavouring of your choice (I chose Vanilla)
- gel food colouring of your choice (I choose red and green)
- sprinkles/any Halloween toppings you like
- and little jars to put them in!

Everything I bought was enough to make two jars. I found these cute little jars in Wilko for £1 each! Make sure you give them a wash before putting food in them though! 




Place the biscuits of your choice in a big bowl. I used 6 for two people. Now looking back on it I wish I used a little more! Hopefully you'll have better judgement! You then want to smash them up into crumbs with an end of a rolling pin. This can get super messy! Really fun for the kids to do!





So next you want to add a little bit of butter, it's just to make it abit wet so you're able to mush it down in the jar. Your judgement will come in handy here too! I found it easier using my hands as the heat melted the butter faster and you can judge the texture easier. 








Once you have a damp texture, evenly put the mixture into the jars like this.









You then want to get a small spoon and press down on the mixture to form a cheesecake like base. You'll end up with something like this. If you don't feel like it's enough feel free to repeat the previous stage to add more! I wish I did this!





In a bowl, empty out all of the cream and add your chosen flavouring. Remember to keep tasting as you go, I had to add a lot of flavouring to get my desired taste!








Separate the cream into two bowls or into how many different gel colours you are using. 







Now for the magic! Add the whole tube of the gel colour to each bowl. If you use a tiny bit it will come out pastel colours. I wanted the colour darker than this but it was my first time working with colour gel! Keep mixing until the colour and the cream are all mixed together evenly. 





Pour the coloured cream on top of the biscuit base in the jar so you end up with something like this...







And finally, add your sprinkles or any toppings that you like! 










You can paint the jars all Halloween-y (with acrylic paint) and add cute little characters on cocktail sticks! Get your kids to draw little characters, cut them out and stick them on with blue tac, easy peasy! 

Let them chill in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes then they're ready to eat! They last in the fridge for about three days! Like I said, these are so quick and easy to make you can make them on the day for a Halloween party or even make it a little fun activity for you and your kids to do this Halloween!

Any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me down below and good luck! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I would've never thought to make cheesecake in a jar.

    http://www.somethingmonumental.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry I never saw your comment, it never came through on my email!
      Thank you (: Try it! it's super tasty! xxxx

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say...